Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It takes a toll to make you care...

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings." And isn't that the truth? Today I am finally feeling some peace. My thoughts have been racing for months and I have not felt at peace with any aspect of my life. Last night I had the opportunity to go to dinner with Mardele. We talked about various things and I don't know what it was that really hit me but after leaving dinner I felt like I was clear. I have been so focussed on what's not working in my life that I haven't taken the opportunity to be grateful for what is working. It has been almost a year since I made a gratitude list and I feel like now, more than ever, it is time. So I am grateful for......

Life
Time
B
Sunsets/Sunrises
Phones
Starbucks
Kisses
My house
Water
My brothers
Nieces and Nephews
Books
Pedicures
Jordan
My car
Gas prices
Music
Ice cream
Email
Sushi
My parents
Jack, Max, & Claire
My jobs
Showers
Shopping
Grounding
Movies
Camping
Kaddy's words
Relationships
Pasta
Laughing
Acceptance
Swings
Wine
Values
Rachie
My bed
Makeup
Lotion
Mardele's wisdom
Children
Road trips
Bonfires
Hospitals
Exercise
Skydiving
Friends
Text messages
Freeways
Money
Sex
Clothes
Dancing
GL
Holidays
PTO
Stability
Service
Doctors & Nurses
School
Vacations
Sand dunes
Beer
Abundance
Coca Cola
The rain
Tubing on the river
Jewelery
Trust
My body
Truckers, Katie, Madison, and Mancha
Smiles
Gum
Life

1 comment:

Katy said...

Aww you are grateful for my words that sweet!!! Thanks for the comment on my last blog also. It is exactly what I was trying to get out. Love you tons and tons!!
B.T.W. gratitude lists rock! It's always good to let people know what really matters!!! You inspire me!:)